Black hair is beautiful, especially after relaxing, but it also is a problem when it comes to styling for some people. The reason is that black hair is thick and coarse. To style and straighten this kind of hair, you need a device that comes with extreme power and excellent heat.
The best product to use for styling black hair is a flat iron. However, not every flat iron in the market can straighten or style black hair effectively. The best flat iron for black hair comes with unique features that include specially infused plates and high degrees of temperature. Below are five of our top picks of the best products.
Our Top Picks Flat Iron for Black Hair
Her Imports SILKY Hair One Pass Flat Iron
The SILKY Hair One-Pass Flat Iron from her imports is one of the most popular black hair straighteners in the market. The 3-n-1 flat iron straightens curls and flips different hair types irrespective of the textures. It comes with a 1-inch plate that is narrow enough for different hair bang styling. The tourmaline-infused plates produce negative ions that help to prevent static and frizz.
The temperature of the flat iron can go up to 475 degrees, but it comes with settings that allow you to control the heat depending on the texture, thickness, and length of the hair. It also provides even heat distribution and vibrating plates that help to displace water molecules keeping your scalp, moisturized. The flat iron also comes with a dual voltage that allows you to use the device during your travels abroad. It is gentle, powerful, and easy to use.
- Fast heating using the latest advanced systems
- High temperatures that enable straightening of all types of hair and textures
- Temperature control settings
- Prevents static and frizz
- Dual voltage
- Easy to use
- Straightens, flips, and curls
- Vibrating plates for even distribution of heat
- Vibration makes it harder to curl the hair
Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron
Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron makes hair styling and straightening fun for many users. The flat iron is ideal for short hair, just as it is for long hair. It comes with amazing features that make it one of the best flat irons for black hair in the market. One of the most popular features is the auto-off option that saves you energy after you finish using the device.
The device’s titanium ionic plates use infrared heat, which helps to prevent hair damage. The plates provide you with shiny and silky hair that is easy to style and manage. The flat iron heats to 450 degrees, which is enough to straighten even the most coarse and thickest dark hair.
It also comes with an ergonomic grip design that prevents the device from slipping off when styling. Another vital feature is the long cord that allows hair styling from different angles without the fear of cable tangling.
- Heats up fast
- High temperatures, which are ideal for coarse and thick hair
- Ideal for both long and short hair
- Plates use infrared heat that prevents hair damage
- Auto-off switch that helps to save power by shutting off automatically if not used for more than twenty minutes
- It can get too hot, which may cause burns on the hand if not handled properly
Kipozi Flat Iron
No products found.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly flat iron that also comes with fantastic features, you could never go wrong with Kipozi. The flat iron is ideal for all types of hair irrespective of the textures. If you have dyed hair, you can trust the flat iron to protect it from damage or fading. The temperatures of the flat iron run up to 450 degrees F, which ensures instant hair straightening.
It also comes with temperature settings that allow you to adjust the heat depending on the hair thickness and texture. The heating plate is one inch wide, making it ideal for all hair types and lengths. The plates are titanium, and they allow the heat to spread evenly. The flat iron shuts off automatically if you do not use it for 90 minutes.
It also comes with dual voltage, which allows you to use it anywhere around the world. It is lightweight and comes with a travel bag for ease of portability. The flat iron also comes with a long cord that allows styling from different angles without the fear of cable tangling.
- Heats up fast
- Ideal for all types of hair and textures
- Automatically shuts off if not used for 90 minutes
- Titanium one-inch plates that spread heat evenly
- A dual voltage that allows you to use the device anywhere in the world
- Lightweight and comes with a travel bag for ease of portability
- Reaches high heat temperatures that can cope with all hair types
- Long cord
- Protects colored hair from damage
- Modern and professional design
- Does not work too well on thin hair as it may not remove static
HSI Professional Flat Iron
The HSI Professional flat iron is a 3-in-1 device that straightens, flips, and curls hair to perfection. The flat iron, made with ceramic 1-inch plates infused with the latest tourmaline and ion technology. The infusion repels and seals static electricity that prevents frizz.
The advanced technology also enables smoother straight hair with little or no snagging. The handle of the flat iron comes with an ergonomic design of a rough texture that provides you with a firm and secure grip of the design. It also comes with temperature settings that allow you to adjust the ranges from 240 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The adjustable temperature settings also allow the flat iron to work well with different hair types. The professional flat iron also comes with a dual voltage system that enables you to use the device anywhere across the world. It has a convenient power cord measuring over 7 feet, which makes it easy to straighten and style hair from different angles.
- It comes with temperature settings that you can adjust according to your hairs thickness and coarseness
- Heats up fast
- Prevent frizz and static
- Ideal for different hair lengths and thickness
- A 3-in-1 device that straightens, curls, and flips the hair
- Capable of creating different hairstyles
- Ceramic plates are shorter as compared to those of other flat irons
- It takes time for the flat iron to go back to its standard heat settings before working on the next section of hair
- Some users say the plates are not as hot as they would want them to be
BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron
BaByliss Pro is one of the best flat irons for black hair. Compared to other brands, BaByliss is more expensive, but if you want quality, price should not deter you from buying this device. It comes with endless possibilities of salon-quality styled hair that looks shiny, soft, and healthy. The flat iron is ultra-thin made with pure titanium plates that prevent dryness by sealing in moisture.
The plates leave the hair shinier and sleeker. The plates heat up fast and glide over the hair, quickly preventing any snagging. The lightweight and ultra-thin design of the flat iron makes it comfortable and convenient to use, especially if you have extra thick hair that is hard to manage.
It means that you can straighten your hair without feeling like giving up halfway because of the weight of the flat iron. The plates are also large enough for straightening thick black hair. They heat up to 450 degrees. The settings allow you to control the temperatures of the device according to the length of your hair.
- Ultra-thin flat iron made with quality titanium plates
- Easy to use and handle when straightening or styling
- Comes with high heat for thick and coarse black hair
- Provides long-lasting results
- Enough heat to straighten thick and coarse black hair
- If not handled properly, it can cause damages to the hair
- Not ideal on damp or wet hair
Wrapping it up
The above flat irons are some of the best you can buy today if you want to wear your black hair with pride. The devices add to the bounce, they bring out the shiny and smoothness, and make the hair easy to style and manage. The devices use the latest advanced technologies to deliver efficient heat that can tackle the thick, coarse dark hair.