While growing hair may seem like a simple thing for some people, especially those with Caucasian or permed hair, those with African American hair do not have it as easy. On the outside or by just looking at African American hair, one would mistake it as robust. On the contrary, compared to other hair types, it is more fragile.
Growing black hair takes time, much more maintenance, and the use of the best hair growth products for African American hair growth. Some of the reasons that make it harder for African American hair to grow with ease as compared to other hair types are because it is prone to breakages, frizz, and other issues that hinder healthy growth. Black hair is thick, curly, and coarse, which makes it hard to comb through easily.
To tame African American hair, you need to use different products, some of which contain chemicals that end up doing more bad than good. However, you can tame your African American hair by choosing to use products that are friendly to the scalp and hair without any fear of damage. In this article, we look at some of the best hair growth products for African American hair that you can trust for easier maintenance.
- 1 Our Top Picks Hair Growth Products For Black Hair
- 2 Wrapping it up
Our Top Picks Hair Growth Products For Black Hair
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Combination Pack
The combination pack of Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil includes quality shampoo and conditioner. The combination pack contains deep moisturizing properties that cleanse condition and smooth the hair. They also remove scalp and hair buildups to prevent breakages.
The kit includes the deep moisturizing ingredients such as apple cider vinegar, castor oil, shea butter, peppermint, and keratin proteins. The ingredients help to detangle and revive the hair giving it more strength and moisture. The hair becomes healthier and less dull. The ingredients also help to stimulate the scalp for better regrowth.
- Cleanses, conditions and moisturizes the hair
- Stimulates the scalp for regrowth
- Removes buildups to prevent breakages
- Detangles the hair
- Strengthens the hair giving it more health and body
- Contains quality ingredients
- It emits a strong scent
- Not a very easy product to find in the stores
Aunt Jackie’s Curl La La Lightweight Curl Defining Custard
Auntie Jackie’s Defining Custard contains moisture humectants that leave African American hair with lasting natural curls. The custard contains olive oil and shea butter that helps to tame thick hair and keep the frizz away.
It defines the hair spirals and coils and provides the hair with an extra shine. The ingredients stimulate the scalp for regrowth, and it does all this without flaking or caking. You can trust Aunt Jackie to give you soft and well-moisturized hair that will make your hair easier to maintain.
- Contains moisturizing humectants that give the hair lasting curls
- Leaves hair soft, shiny and healthy
- Promotes easier hair maintenance
- Defines better curls and spirals
- Stimulates scalp for regrowth
- It does not flake or cake
TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer for Natural Hair
TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer contains a rich formula of shea butter, Vitamin E, and cocoa butter that help to improve the manageability of African American hair. The cream also helps to reduce frizz and hair flyaways to promote healthy regrowth. It enhances the hair’s shine, leaving the locks soft, healthy, and shiny.
The cream is free from parabens, lanolin, petrolatum, artificial colors, and it is cruelty-free. The cream also provides the hair with maximum definition to the curls by keeping it moisturized every day. It is safe on the scalp and hair.
- Contains vitamin e, shea butter, and lanolin
- Improves hair manageability
- Reduces frizz and flyaways
- Promotes healthy regrowth
- Enhances shine, health, and soft locks
- Free from parabens, lanolin, petrolatum, and artificial colors
- Safe on scalp and hair
- Defines the curls
- It does not work well with other styling products
- It has a thick consistency
Laila London Ltd Hair Growth Herbal Organic Balm
Laila London Ltd Hair Growth Herbal Organic Balm is a unique product that you will fall in love with for your African American hair. The balm contains hair-growing herbs from around the world that promote hair growth. The well-researched and tested 33 herbs provide excellent results for 4A, 4B, Kinky, Curly, 4C, 3A, and 3C natural hair.
It is also ideal for relaxed hair, dry scalp, traction alopecia damaged hair, chemically processed hair, and color-treated hair. The ingredients lock in moisture and nourish the scalp and hair to restore shine and promote growth. It prevents breakages, weak, damaged, and dull strands. It improves easier hair manageability and stops porosity and hair shrinkage.
The balm also contains oils rich in antioxidants and vitamins that penetrate the hair follicles to stimulate hair regrowth. The unique formula does not clog the pores or cause any buildups.
- Consists of 33 herbs rich in vitamins, oils, and antioxidants
- Ideal for all kinds of African American hair
- Moisturizes and nourishes the scalp
- Restores hair shine and health
- Penetrates the hair follicles for regrowth
- Promotes easier hair manageability
- Does not clog the scalp or cause buildups
- Does not contain harmful chemicals, artificial ingredients, GMO products, or fillers
- Safe on scalp, and hair
Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer
Cantu is a quality brand that provides some of the best products for African American hair manageability. The oil moisturizer pure shea butter that replaces lost moisture on the scalp and hair to reveal much more robust and healthier hair that comes with a more natural shine. The moisturizer also prevents damages to the hair caused by chemicals, heat styling, and extreme weather conditions.
It is ideal for permed, colored, texturized, relaxed, and natural hair. The moisturizer gets rid of tangles, frizz, and softens the strands while providing the hair with daily moisturization. You can use the moisturizer as a leave-in, or deep scalp and hair conditioner.
- Contains rich ingredients that nourish the hair
- Removes tangles and frizz
- Improves the health, and hair shine
- Replenishes lost moisture
- Softens the hair strands
- Does not include any harmful ingredients
- Ideal for all hair types
- Safe for everyday use
- It has a fantastic smell
- You can use for deep conditioning or as a leave-in moisturizing conditioner
- Leaves residue
Wrapping it up
African American hair is one of the toughest to grow and maintain. Some of the reasons for this are because it is prone to dullness, hair loss, stunted growth, and dryness. It is tough to achieve the same kind of shine or sheen with African American hair than you would with Caucasian or permed hair.
However, changing the hair structure of the African American hair can give you shiny, fuller, smoother, and softer hair. Using the right products on your African American hair can guarantee you as good a growth ax that of Caucasian or any other type of hair. The above hair growth products help to stimulate the follicles, providing you with better hair growth.
They also help to curb hair problems such as hair loss and breakages that contribute to a lack of proper growth. The products come with potent ingredients that also help to soothe the scalp, add volume to the hair, and give it a healthier natural look.